Thursday 24 July 2008

In the Pink


Here is another shawl/stole I wrote up the pattern for as I went along. Well, almost. I love the way it falls in folds of lace or drapes across to hang over the opposite shoulder. Either way, it just stays put. As for the knitting, I like doing a purl 2 together. I found it odd, in a good way, to do patterning on the purl side rows instead of the knit side on the edging. But then, I am easily entertained!

Here is the second one, in cotton/viscose 4 ply from Colourmart.co.uk. I had loads left on the cone, but the shawl went to live elsewhere within hours of completion & I forgot to weigh it.

Added 07/09/08

Added the PDF for the pattern.

13 comments:

Allison L. said...

Hi there!

Congratulations on your gorgeous shawl! You mentioned writing up the pattern... When and where will it be available? It's really stunning!

Unknown said...

Your work is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your patterns and the details you post about the yarn, etc.

Murrie

Bev Love said...

Even though you aren't posting anymore, your work needs to be seen. I nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger award, see my blog for details.

marianne lundholm said...

hi, can i buy the pattern you have on the pink shawl??

ηihα®iκα said...

Hi guys,

Just noticed that a couple of you are asking for the pattern. The blogger has posted the pattern on the top right of the page :)
Enjoy!

Boäng said...

A fantastic piece of work! I have difficulties understanding some of the abbrevations in english. What is.. S1.2Tog... and what is... S1.1-K2Tog-PSSO.... It's the first part of both I don't understand, S1. and S1.1
I will show a photo later if I manage to get this right, it's the Triangle part...

Angela said...

Wow, Thank you for the pattern!

путлюшка said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
путлюшка said...

Has connected your shawl, it has turned out very beautifully. It has involved me with the небычностью. Thank you!

BellaOsa said...

Love the shawl. I saw it at a knit shop near by and fell in love with it. Haven't been able to find the pattern fr download :(. Can u help :))

laurabmundy said...

This is absolutely stunning! Are there instructions available to crochet this? My daughter does not knit, and I would like to have her create this for me. Thanks.

capfelbaum said...

Love doing the pink stole, however having trouble with the joining. Do I knit another row to get to that end, attached another yarn, turn before joining left with center? Confused. Help.
Cindy

Unknown said...

This shawl is so beautiful. I would like to translate the pattern in the Dutch language and offer it in my webshop. Is this allowed?